Green Pasta




This easy pasta makes a great lunchtime meal or a quick dinner.

Packed with greens and flavor, it's cheap and yummy.

My top tip - I make big batches of cheese sauce and freeze so I can just reheat and add to meals like this.

Serve 2 generously. 

Ingredients
2 cups dried pasta
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons white flour
½ teaspoon garlic
1 cup milk
1 spring onion, finely chopped
½ cup kale, finely chopped
1 cup broccoli, finely chopped in a food processor (or by hand, but may take a while)
½ cup grated Edam cheese
¼ cup ham or salami (optional)

Method

  1. In a large pot of boiling water add dried pasta and salt and cook as directed (usually 10 minutes).
  2. In a medium pot melt butter, slowly add flour and mix.
  3. Add garlic and start slowly adding milk and stirring making a creamy sauce. I recommend using a hand whisk.
  4. Add spring onion, kale, and broccoli and let cook for 5 minutes.
  5. Add cheese and meat and stir.
  6. Drain pasta once cooked and stir through sauce.


Comments

Popular this Month

Lifestyle Home Health
Lifestyle, things around the home and healthy living. I like to create things that don't require purchasing lots of different ingredients. As always please let me know if you have made a swap that tastes amazing. I love changing recipes to suit availability of foods, this way eating well can still be affordable.